InsulationSmart.com offers you news, resources, project examples and industry links to help you enhance the energy efficiency and indoor living environment of your home through better insulation and building options. Be sure to check out the rebates available to homeowners making energy efficient upgrades.
The insulation world's always changing, so keep coming back for...
You could qualify for government tax credits for 30% of the cost of materials (to a maximum of $1,500) when you improve your home’s insulation.
- Visit EnergyStar for a list of Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency valid in 2009 and 2010.
- Visit www.upgrademyattic.com for information on one insulation option that will help you qualify.
- Visit the Department of Energy energy cost forecast page for information about the U.S. energy sector (www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/forecasting.html)
- Visit the U.S. Department of Energy – Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) for energy news, announcements, newsletters, speeches and more www.eere.energy.gov/news
- Health House (American Lung Association Health House program)
- Housekeys –a quarterly publication that provides helpful household hints and tips from builders, remodelers and product manufacturers from across the country.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- PATH - A Public Private Partnership for Advancing Housing Technology.
- Seville Consulting - Helping homeowners and building professionals create healthy, efficient, and durable buildings by incorporating sustainable practices into their homes and businesses.
- EarthCraft House - A green building program that serves as a blueprint for healthy, comfortable homes that reduce utility bills and protect the environment.
- Environments for Living
- California Green Builder - A green building program for production builders and California homebuyers.
- Wisconsin Green Built - Green Built Home™ is a voluntary green building initiative that reviews and certifies new homes and remodeling projects that meet sustainable building and energy standards.